Monday, June 29, 2009

I Jump High!

And so I am realizing rather quickly how different Chase's personality is from Landon. Landon was/is always so cautious...watching, absorbing his surroundings before he joins into a group or takes the "plunge" into any activity. Chase reminds me often of how daring and risky he is. He loves to sit in the rocking chairs on the front porch, lean to one side on the arm of the chair so the other side lifts off of the ground, only to quickly lean back to the other side to set the chair back down just-in-time. Tonight we took a walk to the park and the boys were playing. Chase was running through the tunnels and Landon was climbing... until he fell off a ladder. As we were tending to Landon, Chase took a running leap, and did a free fall from about a 4 foot drop. I even heard his little body hit the ground. He was definitely hurt and upset, and as I picked him up from the ground, brushed him off, and did a quick examination, making sure that there was nothing broken, he declared through his tears, "I jump high!"

No comments: