So last night, I picked the boys up from their sitters and brought them home. Andy was out of town and was coming home late so I decided that a gourmet frozen pizza and fruit cups for dinner would be a great dinner! As we were coming home, I noticed that the sky was becoming darker... but thought nothing of it as afternoon thunderstorms are pretty normal around here. As the pizza was cooking it began to rain... then thunder... more thunder... then lightening. But then the wind began to pick up - the gusts were causing the tree branches to tap on my windows and then sheets of rain were hitting my windows... I looked out my front windows and could see only white - hmmm.... I had no satellite signal on my t.v. and I couldn't determine if our power was out or if Landon had really turned off all of the lights purposely so his flashlight would glow. I quickly gathered up both kids and we huddled in the closet (in our tornado drill spot). I got a call from a neighbor who said a few trees were down in the back - luckily both fell the other way - away from our house. We waited... or I should say, I waited while the boys played in the closet with their flashlights, oblivious to anything other than their new "cave". The rain finally let up... more calls from neighbors... everyone checking in with everyone. Turns out that we had a wind sheer which is a straight line tornado whipping through our backyard. Good thing we "played" in the closet for a while. As for the pizza... it was a bit crispy, but still edible!
1 comment:
Sounds scary for you but mega fun for the boys!!!! Glad everyone is okay!
Post a Comment