So Andy is officially back to work today and I am getting caught up on laundry and just general cleaning. Landon is talking nonstop about going back to (both) grandma's house - he doesn't quite grasp the concept of distance and time - the dreadful car ride seems forgotten. And today I find myself missing home (or what I called home for 18 years) and am wondering how we ended up in South Carolina. But then I realize we are here because I hate the snow, I love being only 3 hours from amazing beaches, and of course our jobs, which happen to be most important right now. So for now, we will act as birds do - going north in the summer and then coming back here for the rest of the year - not such a bad plan after all. Stay tuned for more NY pics - they are coming when I have a free moment again.
I write this as Chase is taking out every single placemat from the bottom drawer, placing them all over the kitchen floor, sitting on each, and trying to find a way to cover himself up with them. Ah well... at least he is occupied and safe.
1 comment:
Damn..now you have me singing a bonjovi song....
Post a Comment