Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Farewell to Paci?



Sorry for my lack of writing... I have been in WNY for the past week and have been busy, busy, busy! But a fun busy - treating Buffalo as I would if I were a first time visitor. Today we ventured down to the Buffalo Waterfront and checked out the new section they just added on as their first step towards the downtown revitilization efforts. With kids in tow, we made sure that we had packed drinks, snacks, strollers, blankies, and of course Chase's paci as we NEVER leave home without it! Both kids were walking and excited to see the water. Chase as always was waddling behind with his paci in his mouth. We stopped for a moment to look at the sailboats in the harbor and also were intrigued with the floating seagull (I never knew seagulls actually swam!). Chase was at the railing, both arms through one opening and his hands are waving excitedly at the seagull and just as he decides he wants to say a few words (or to us - sounds), he opens his mouth and his paci drops, in slow motion, 15 feet to the water and just sits there bobbing away as a little fish swam up quickly to nibble at it. Chase raised his hand in the air, palm facing up, as if saying, "What happened?" And as I took a huge gulp thinking about our ride home with no paci, Landon reassured him by saying that if we got on the submarine we could get it for him. And for a brief moment, paci was forgotten.

1 comment:

Lady Lif said...

Is it gone for good??????