Friday, July 11, 2008
Oh My Opposum!
This morning I was cleaning up after my one cup o' coffee and emptying all of the trash cans into my kitchen trash then was on my way to taking it to the garbage in the garage. I opened up the door to the garage and on the top step during a 1 second scan, this is what I saw... little beady eyes looking up at me... some fur... a long, wirey tail... then it ran. I screamed, slammed the door and yelled "Rats! We have rats in the house!" Although since Andy was out running, Landon was the one who fielded my moment of hysteria! I picked up Chase and told Landon that we were going to wait for Daddy on the porch... so we did. And during those minutes Landon felt the need for me to expand on what I saw. "What did you see Mommy? A rat? A cat? It scared you? In our garage?" And this went on until Andy walked up and I was again telling him in a trying-not-to-be-a-crazy-woman voice that we had a big rat. So Andy as mellow as can be, grabs a shovel and begins to slowly peel away things from the garage wall... the recycle bin... the refrigerator... the bin of toys... And that is when he yelled, "I found it! Although it is not a rat... it's an opposum." Even grosser... but at the same time I was thankful that it wasn't a dirty, old rat. I took the boys in the house and Andy took care of it. Landon was telling everyone that "Daddy scared away a cat with the hose." It's better said that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ew!!!!! Did he take care of it the way Ryan Lewis took care of the skunk at the house in Oswego????? Better Landon not know the whole story!!
So funny!!! I told Sean and had him read the post and his response was," D'ass loves to kill stuff with shovels." Apparently they had a similar problem at ?'The Bridge'! Too funny!!!
Post a Comment