Today was my first race since I have had Landon and Chase - the last race I did was when I was pregnant with Landon and had to drop out of the Virginia Beach half marathon with only 3 miles left. I was nervous about competing - not that I was competing to win... but just to prove that I could do it again with a reasonable time for myself.
It was hot and humid and I was grateful for the gigantic trees that provided shade for most of the course. It was also VERY hilly - it made the rolling hills of Tega Cay seem flat. I started off letting everyone pass me - everyone always starts off way to fast (it's the adrenaline thing) and then finally caught up with and passed the one female that was in front of me. That put me in first place (for the females) which pushed me to run even harder to maintain my position. After several steep hills and fighting back a few moments where I didn't think my banana would stay down... I totally redeemed myself - I was the first female to finish the 10k race and finished in 44 minutes, 14 seconds. My mile splits were 7:08 - beating the other female by only one second. Andy placed first in his age group and Mike (my neighbor) came in third in his age group. It felt great to get back out there again!
1 comment:
You're amazing Beck!! I have a cramp just reading this post.
Post a Comment