I was reading books to Landon before his afternoon nap (he is taking naps once again, hurray!) and one of the books was about the life cycle of a frog (thanks to grandma!). He loves looking at all of the critters around the pond and we spend time (what sometimes feels like hours) on the correct name and pronunciation of each bird and reptile in the book. (He is no longer satisfied with my answer of "That's a bird." or "That's a bug." He needs specifics.)
There was a picture of the frog's long, sticky tongue attached to a cricket, and I was explaining that was how they got their food and he would soon be eating the cricket. "It's part of the food chain."
Landon looked at me for a long moment (trying to read my face to see if I was serious.) He soon realized I was serious and started shaking his head saying "No eat cricket, mommy. Oh.... poor buddy.... cricket..." I quickly retracted my statement and instead said that the frog was just tickling the cricket with his tongue. He seemed to like that explanation much better.
1 comment:
Awwwwe he's an animal lover!! He's got a good soul!
Post a Comment