Monday, June 28, 2010

Powering Down!

It's funny how we can get all caught up in our own lives and live in our little bubbles until we have a chance to take a step back, slow things down, and take in the many little moments that make up a day, rather than sprinting to them, racing through them, and relishing in the memories after it's over. I feel so lucky that I am able to have a few months off each year to power down, and do just that.

This summer has been really incredible. I have been enjoying my time with Landon and Chase and although it is a constant battle to remind them of their manners, not to fight, and to clean up after themselves, we have had such a wonderful summer so far! And although we have events planned daily, there is never any rush to get to them, and when it is over, no rush to get dinner made. It is a nice feeling.

No comments: