Saturday, October 10, 2009
Copperhead + Trail = Ahhhhhh!
This morning I went for a jog - it is steamy outside - warm and steamy, but I was feeling great! My knee finally worked out it's kinks into about mile 3 1/2 and as I was rounding back home, a guy on the trail was running towards me but then hesistated, jumped, and turned around only to point out that there, lying spread out on the trail was a Copperhead snake! I had never seen one before and probably would not have known what it was. But the nice guy proceeded to grab a stick and carefully... oh so carefully, move the snake off the trail and send it on it's way. The snake complied but did so with a bit of hissing and darting of the head toward the nice guy who risked his life. I am hoping the snake will not show up again for a while and thank you guy on the trail - good karma back to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment