Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Shopping

So today I began shopping for the boys. I went up and down all of the aisles in Target trying to figure out what toys they would really enjoy. What I found was no big surprise... animals that talk and sing, a gigantic dinasaur that roars and stomps, any hot wheels car you could imagine, dolls galore, and Leapster has their entire line on display. And that is where I spent a good bit of my time. I was looking at every product they have. They have a new (well, new to me) book called Tag - it has story books that can snap into it and has a pen to go along with it. The pen will read to you if you press the words, and also will ask you questions such as finding words on a page, it will make up rhymes, and so much more! (ages 4 up if you are interested). But I couldn't help thinking about where my part comes in. If the book is taking place of a parent/adult, when do parents/child interact with each other? Which also made me think about our generation and how far we have advanced in technology... for better or for worse. I walked away from that computerized book (for now anyway). I am choosing to cuddle up on the couch with Landon and Chase, read to them, and ask them the questions that these amazing books now do. Pretty soon they may even take showers for them (that I would sign up for!)

1 comment:

Lady Lif said...

Right on Beck!!!!!!