Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bribery...so bitter sweet

No voice for 5 days had sent me into the dr.'s office today. Not to mention that I just haven't been feeling great. And the mom guilt crept in and so I said I would keep the boys with me today. My thought was that I will take them to the doctor's with me, and then we can just hang out here and rest. The morning began with Landon up at 5 a.m., the boys fighting and then Landon crying saying he wanted to stay at home with daddy (who was not even working from home today). I bribed them with juice cups, and arrived at the dr.'s just before 8:00. The boys, happy with their juice and granola bars decided that it would be fun to play "chase" around the chairs at the office while I am signing in. I persuaded them to pick up a magazine (you know the ones that are on the table in the office and aren't even appealing to adults?) It worked for a moment anyway. Finally we got called into the office and Chase decided to push around the cart that has those glass containers filled with tongue depressors and q-tips. I put a stop to that in a hurry. Landon was fascinated with the curtain and the area behind it, so he spent his time in there playing peek a boo with Chase. Finally the doctor arrives, Chase gets checked out first and we find out he has an ear infection. I have an upper respitory infection and off we go with our perscriptions and to the pharmacy across the street. The boys are running up and down the aisles (I still have no voice to yell, although I am trying) and I evenually bribe them with gum, pick up our meds, and away we go. I know these acts of bribery will come back to haunt me.

1 comment:

Lady Lif said...

I find myself doing it all the time too...and I don't even feel guilty. The ends justify the means in my opinion.