Friday, May 09, 2008

Family walks

Family walks are not as easy as they once were... we went for one last night and much more thought goes into preparing for the walk than it ever had...

I tell the boys that we are going for a walk.
Landon is excited... asks for juice while he is riding.
I run into the house and fill his cup with 8/10 water, 2/10 juice...then realize Chase should have some too.
Run back in to fill Chase's sippy with the same combination.
Run back out to deliver the drinks and then realize that they need something to keep them entertained and cool...
I run back in, and fill their squirt bottles so when they do sit in the jogger they have something to do.
It's sunny so they need to be coated with sunblock. Hats too perhaps?
I run back in and grab the hats from the closet.
Neither one wants to wear the hats, so I stuff them in the back of the jogger knowing Landon will ask for his later.
Landon wants his sunglasses... where did I/he put those last?
Hmm....I run back in to look for the sunglasses as I hear Landon proclaiming that he found them in the garage.
I run back out... and remember they need snacks.
I run back in, go to the pantry scan the shelves for granola bars - grab one of each kind, and a pack of Einstein snacks.
I run back out and stuff those in the back of the jogger.
I finally get Chase buckled into the jogger and he is fussing...I hand him his squirt bottle, show him how to use it...he is content for a minute anyway.
Landon doesn't want to ride right away... he would rather walk.
And we are off...
Landon takes his time squirting every square on the sidewalk as we walk towards the lake park.
His legs finally get tired... he wants to ride.
We get there successfully and while playing...Chase's squirt bottle leaks all over Landon's seat.
Landon doesn't want to ride on the way back...his seat is wet. He wants to ride on top of the jogger.
So he does...and we push them all-the-way back up our half of a mile hill back towards home as they munch on their snacks and have their watered down juice.

No comments: